When it comes to content authoring tools or publishing standards – SCORM comes as the most preferred solution for most learning management systems (LMS) across the globe. Both online and offline learning content can be created for every industry using SCORM standards. SCORM enables an LMS to be interoperable and support diverse content types and formats. So, do you know how important SCORM compliance is for top learning management systems? Well, worry not! We are here to help you out in your quest to demystify SCORM compliance for LMS. Let’s dive in!
SCORM Advantages:Among the major benefits of SCORM compliance, here are a few of the top ones.
- Instructors can see if a learner completed a course prior to awarding a grade.
- It allows organizations to use their existing learning content within an LMS.
- Sequencing rules are acceptable to enable learners access to the next course from the learning path within the LMS.
- It can read and write interaction of data so that learners can leave a lesson or test halfway and come back later to continue where they left off. Just like bookmarking a chapter in a book.
Key Factors for SCORM Compliance:
- Learner Friendly Ecosystem: The SCORM-enabled environment offers better learner engagement and interactions through dynamic text, mini-quizzes, and expandable components.
- Content Portability while Switching LMS: You no longer need to recreate content while migrating to another LMS. SCORM compliance ensures that the content can be accessible in your new LMS in the future.
- User Data for Improved Learning: SCORM compliance helps organizations gather user information and experience to ensure better user experience delivery in the future. A SCORM compliant LMS captures user scores, content access status, course progress, etc., and allows admin and instructors to access the same information.