- Company Name: MapleLMS
Our Account Executive drives sales revenue by prospecting continuously for new customers (industry associations and non-profits) using consultative selling skills, closing the sale, managing customer relationships, and creating new relationships outside of our current client network. Our Sales Account Executive is a hunter generating new business opportunities to fuel different non-profits and association verticals to exceed $1M sales quota. This person utilizes market intelligence to understand changing customer needs and articulates a clear vision of the challenges and opportunities facing the company within the region. The Account Executive implements a sales plan, maintains business forecasts, and tracks sales metrics to evaluate performance. This person is also part of a high-performing, results-driven domestic and international team collaborating cross-functionally and sharing knowledge to ensure a seamless customer service experience. This person maintains a strong, visible corporate presence at business and community events to promote MapleLMS‘s customer value proposition. Leads sales presentations virtually and in-person focused on virtual Learning Management System (LMS) and Online Assessment solutions. Find more details about our products at our website MapleLMS.com.
- Tenaciously hunts for new leads driving own weekly prospecting/networking activities (events, meetings, phone calls, emails) in the pursuit of new client acquisition and brand awareness to exceed $1M annual sales growth.
- Manage new and existing customer relationships, build a sales pipeline, qualify leads, develop them into opportunities, and close sales to achieve dividual, team and organizational quotas.
- Develop rapport, evaluate the customer’s needs, determine service solutions, including exposing the customer to other options not considered through upselling and cross-selling techniques.
- Prepare and negotiate customer contracts (MSA/RFP), including using company pricing and delivery guidelines, using sound business judgment.
- Manage day-to-day communications with clients across email, phone, and digital tools; Complete, accurate documentation is utilizing the established company digital tools and software (Salesforce) required for each business development call or email.
- Maintains a strong, visible corporate presence at business and community events to promote MapleLMS’s value proposition and networks continuously.
- Create and conduct sales presentations, including webinars, videos, and in-person demonstrations of company services.
- Implements a formal sales plan, including accurate business forecasts and tracking metrics to increase sales productivity.
- Use market intelligence regarding competitive products, changing customer needs, and buying habits to create a sales “playbook”; Analyze CRM activities, and share data to align with our efforts.
- Resolve sales problems by clarifying the customer’s pain point; determining the root cause of the pain point and escalating to the proper resource to ensure a quick resolution.
- Plan, lead, and conduct meetings with the business partners to gather practical and non-useful necessities to identify the customer’s LMS needs.
- Follow company safety regulations and company policies; Performs other duties as assigned.
Secondary Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functionally with domestic and international MapleLMS Teams to ensure a seamless customer service experience; Escalate critical issues to General Manager.
- Sales and Marketing — Proficient knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Expertise includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques (upselling/cross-selling), and sales control systems.
- Product Knowledge — Proficient knowledge of Company services that might include having acquired information about its application, function, features, use, and support requirements.
- Administration — Proficient knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as data management, managing files and records, typing, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Expert Customer Success Skills — Exhibiting commitment and dedication to customer satisfaction by understanding needs, developing rapport, building relationships, and providing clients with the most comprehensive and efficient service or sales solutions possible.
- Expert Computer Skills — Using Windows-based applications, including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, and Access, IM, and social media platforms. Business intelligence (BI) tools, CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Zoho or similar tools preferred.
- Proficient Opportunity Management Skills — Pursuing sales that require multiple interactions over time to close a sale, including educating customers managers on company products and services.
- Proficient Negotiation Skills — Gaining other’s support for ideas, changes, or solutions that benefit the company. Ability to confer with others to resolve issues, to explore alternatives, and to gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Proficient Training Skills —Designing, developing, and delivering training programs. Present training information to individuals or groups geared towards the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Expert Communication Skills —Effectively sharing ideas through face-to-face interactions, phone conversations, and digital communications clearly and concisely.
- Fostering Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team or as a team leader helping the team to adapt to changing requirements, deadlines, and priorities. Exhibits a willingness to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Self-Motivated — Ability to find your motivation to accomplish a task, even when challenging, without giving up or needing another’s encouragement.
- Adaptable —Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes or high-stress situations in work tasks or the work environment. Stays organized, manages workflow, and follows the rules and procedures.
- Learning Agility — Ability to learn from experience and the ability to apply what you’ve learned for effective performance in new or unfamiliar conditions.
- Cross-cultural Awareness — Ability to work effectively in diverse and cross-cultural environments and cross-cultural situations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or marketing with 1-3 years of relevant SAAS product sales experience, 1+ years of experience in the non-profit and association. Success in leveraging business from new and established relationships. Excellent client-facing skills with C-level executives to managers required. LMS software solutions or SAAS sales
experience is highly preferred. MS Office/PC skills required. Customer Relationship Management (CRM), ERP, Call Center documenting system, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Zoho, or similar tools preferred.
Working Conditions: The Working Conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by this position to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere or office environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and other office machines. Typical physical demands used daily, including sitting, walking, or standing with intermittent periods of prolonged standing or walking required. The employee must be able to lift and move objects up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or as scheduled by your manager.
Travel: Approx. 10-20% required for this role.
Disclaimer: The company does not intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title and this document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees holding the position. This description nor completion of tasks associated with this title is not a contract of employment. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All employees of MapleLMS, LLC, unless otherwise designated by the President, are At-Will employees.
Internal Number: MLJSAE621